- Nerd Crossing will only perform and provide computer and network services, repairs, and upgrades as requested by the customer. Nerd Crossing will conduct honest, reasonable, and considerate services. The goal is to provide the highest quality of service and support, but specific results cannot be guaranteed.
- Computer and network services/repairs are provided as a service. There may be circumstances under which your computer can not be repaired. It will have to be rebuilt or upgraded. Examples: Age of PC, repair/replacement parts obsolete (memory chips, motherboards, etc.)
- The length of time required to service/repair your computer cannot be predicted. (See para 2.1 below)
- You understand that in the process of working on your computer equipment, there is a potential for data loss. You agree that you have made the necessary backups of your data so that, in the event of such loss, the data can be restored. Alternatively, Nerd Crossing can provide a data backup service. Nerd Crossing will not be responsible for data loss. (See para 4.4 below)
- You authorize the technician(s) providing the service or repair to install anti-virus and any other necessary software on your computer to perform required services. All software will be uninstalled upon completion of the service.
- Computer and network services/repairs are billed as stated on the service order/invoice provided. Services are charged by flat rate fees that can be found on www.nerdcrossing.com. Hourly rate will be calculated in quarter-hour increments.
- There is a minimum charge of $49.00 for any house call made or any service performed.
- An estimate of cost for work will be provided before performing computer services/repairs. Estimates are not guaranteed.
- In the case that there is an unforeseen deviation, beyond the above estimated amount, every effort will be made to contact you and inform you of the situation and receive authorization to continue or stop at the estimate limit.
- Full payment is due upon completion of services, upgrades, or repairs. An invoice will be given or e-mailed to you after service is completed.
- Computer parts, hardware, or/and software that are ordered or special ordered must be paid for in advance.
- Nerd Crossing accepts cash, checks, and credit card payments. Note: There is a $35.00 charge for check returns.
- Nerd Crossing reserves the right to pursue any legal form of payment collection if payment is not received after service is completed.
- If a customer has a service, repair and/or upgrade balance due or is unpaid, the serviced computer(s) and/or parts will become the property of Nerd Crossing after 90 days.
- Service(s) are provided in an effort to fix, upgrade, install or otherwise repair the computer system(s) and networking equipment for which you request such service(s).
- Your system will not be intentionally harmed. The primary goal is to fix your computer, not damage it.
- In the case of accidental damage of data to your system or data loss caused by already existing problems in your system such as viruses, bad configured software, or hardware problems/failures
- You agree to hold Nerd Crossing and any person(s) associated with Nerd Crossing or involved in the work being done for you harmless from damages resulting from such problems.
- It is your responsibility to backup your data. Nerd Crossing will not be responsible for data loss. (See para 1.4 above)
- Nerd Crossing is not liable or responsible for any and all computers and/or parts left after 90 days.